Stolen Sharpie Revolution: a DIY Resource for zines and zine culture (5th Edition) Kickstarter giveaway!
Since 2002 Stolen Sharpie Revolution has been the go-to resource for zines and zine culture. With over 21,000 copies in print, this book is poised to break the quarter-hundred-thousand copy barrier at least BUT I NEED YOUR HELP!
In celebration of the 5th edition of Stolen Sharpie Revolution I’m having a giveaway! Here’s the deal.
There will be 3 winners!
Here’s what 3 lucky people will get:
- 1 copy of the 5th edition of Stolen Sharpie Revolution: a DIY resource for zines and zine culture
- 1 Stolen Sharpie Revolution printed Sharpie marker (similar to the photo above)
- 1 red Stolen Sharpie Revolution t-shirt.
- Stolen Sharpie Revolution stickers, button, postcard, and bookmark.
Most of that you can get for $50 reward level with the kickstarter so here’s what we are going to add for the tumblr giveaway:
- 1 Copy Scams - Copy & Destroy 10” record with zine and digital download code that includes the album plus a live recording from Leeds, UK. Copy Scams are an all zine themed pop-punk band with members from 3 different countries.
- a bunch of the most recent issues of my zine, Brainscan: 29, 30, 31, and my 24 hour zine about traveling cheaply
- $30 gift certificate to the Portland Button Works website, brick and mortar shop, or Etsy site! The gift certificate is good for zines, books, cards, button designs from our catalog or custom items from button to magnets to bottle openers.
- probably some other stuff I have around here.
So, here’s what you gotta do:
- Like and reblog this post
- You don’t need to be following me or stolensharpierevolution, but it would be nice.
- Have your ask box open
- No giveaway blogs!
- And for the love of everything good, please make, read, or be interested in zines. It would make me very annoyed to send all this good stuff to someone who just wanted to get something free, ok? So, let the zine kids have some fun.
THREE WINNERS WILL BE CHOSEN IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE STOLEN SHARPIE REVOLUTION KICKSTARER MEETS IT’S $6,000 GOAL!
The kickstarter is scheduled to end on September 30th, but we project to reach our goal before then. The three winners will be contacted and will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen.
- Q: Who is this giveaway open to? I don’t live in this US can I still enter?
- A: Absolutely!
- Q: I’ve backed or plan on backing your Stolen Sharpie Revolution Kickstater, why should I enter this contest?
- A: By entering this contest you can get more cool stuff than with the kickstarter! Plus, you will have two copies of Stolen Sharpie Revolution so maybe you can trick a friend into starting their own zine. Also, you’ll be doing a little promo for me and I’d appreciate it.
- Q: Why should I back the Stolen Sharpie Revolution Kickstarter if I can just reblog this post?
- A: Are you going to leave this up to a random number generator? Really? Don’t you want to be on the first to get a copy of the new SSR? Otherwise you are just going to have to wait until November to get a copy.
- Q: What’s a zine?
- A: A zine is a physically printed and independently made publication. They can be about anything you would like: travel stories, photos, personal stories, fiction, political ideologies, music reviews, gardening tips, comics, and more! Not only are zines physically printed items, they are part of a whole community of people that celebrates the tangible written word.
Help fund this kickstarter by pre-ordering a book or, get yourself a fun reward.
G O O D L U C K!